Holistic Neurology is an alternative philosophy in medicine that makes it possible to treat neurological conditions naturally. Natural healing – that’s what attracts more and more patients nowadays due to its effectiveness and safety. In today’s day and age, as the conventional medical field grows more and more, it also indirectly influences the expansion of various alternative medical procedures and treatments. One such is neurology.
Suppose you are interested in looking at the processes of Holistic Neurology. In that case, you can further read below to get more in-depth insight into why Holistic Neurology is a great alternative approach for individuals suffering from neurological problems.
Holistic Neurology is a simple term applying to the use of a holistic medicine approach in neurology to treat patients suffering from various problems and issues concerning our nervous system.
Holistic medicine is based on believing in healing the body whole instead of treating only the disease. It evaluates the mind, body, and spirit to treat the person.
It integrates conventional neurological theory, practice, and nutritional and other forms of natural healthcare approach.
Holistic Neurology may employ the use of various treatment methods and techniques which are considered more natural in comparison to the conventional method of treating neurological patients.
Why Choose Holistic Neurology?
Due to its holistic approach to treating neurological patients, it provides an in-depth healing process for the patient. It considers not just the disease but the symptoms and the origins, thus improving the patient’s overall quality of life.
Additionally, using natural healing techniques and natural healing remedies can be helpful if you are particularly not interested in using synthetic drugs or undergoing conventional treatments and surgeries.
Holistic Neurology gives time for you to explore all aspects of your body and health; this is crucial because, after all, the nervous system is intimately connected and influences every other kind of organ system in the body.
Holistic neurologist examines the individual’s environment, lifestyle, genetics, and nutrition on the health of one’s nervous system; it helps better understand why these diseases and problems occur and how they can be effectively tackled.
A Holistic neurologist will assess and create a treatment plan for the patient. The plan might involve medication, treatments, or surgeries. Some improvements seen concerning holistic neurological treatments include improved coordination, memory, and cognition.
How Is Holistic Neurology Different from Conventional Neurology?
The method of conventional neurology often diagnoses neurological problems that can be treated with pharmaceutical drugs or surgery. In comparison, Holistic Neurology identifies the disorders and provides various treatments conforming to modern and traditional methods.
Both drugs and surgery are inappropriate for a lot of brain-based disorders. For instance, medications are not meant for only a particular area or part of your brain but the entire brain. In many cases, depression might relate to dysfunction in only the frontal lobe, but the use of anti-depressants affects brain as the whole, which might cause side effects.
Holistic Neurology looks at not only the concerning area but also the areas which are responsible for carrying out the information.
During evaluation and treatment, a Holistic neurologist explores various neurological issues that conventional neurology would not require as it primarily focuses more on symptoms.
- Hormonal imbalances
- Toxic heavy metals, as well as other kinds of toxins
- Infections that are viral, fungal, bacterial, and parasitic
- Impact of poor nutrition, medications, aging, and malabsorption
- Nutritional deficiencies, imbalances, and toxicities
Why is Holistic Neurology So Effective?
Medical procedures and services for neurological treatments are designed to stimulate the natural regeneration of cells, nerves, and other body systems contributing to the problem. Holistic neurological centers provide various services to ensure your well-being and comfort.
- Dental detox is used to eliminate neurotoxins present in the tooth, like mercury amalgam fillings, cavities, root canals, and other pathogens which might be affecting the central and also one’s peripheral nervous system.
- Helping eradicate diseases seen in various neurological disorders like Lyme disease.
- Nutritional counseling is provided along with guidance and supplements to support your health.
- Herbal remedies help in soothing the mind and relieving pain.
Various Types of Holistic Neurology
As a type of alternative medicine, Holistic Neurology offers an array of natural treatments, such as
- Nutritional-based medicine
- Medical plant formulations
- Herbal remedies
- Physical exercise and movement
- Stress management
- Massage therapies
Treatment methods are also used, the purpose of which is to challenge an individual’s nervous system. It encourages the development of new neurological pathways. These treatment methods are stated below.
- Interactive metronome
- Transcranial stimulation
- Coordination exercises
- Manipulative therapy
What Can Holistic Neurology Treat?
- Parkinson’s: This disease is a nervous system disorder that affects the movement of the individual. Tremors, slow movements, and stiffness highly characterize Parkinson’s disease.
- Radiculitis: It is also commonly referred to as radicular pain. It is a painful inflammation occurring along the spinal nerve’s neurological pathway due to heavy pressure on one’s nerve. These pressures can be a result of several spinal-related conditions like herniated disks. There are three types of radicular pain conditions.
- Cervical radiculitis
- Lumbar radiculitis
- Thoracic radiculitis
- Trigeminal neuralgia: This is a painful condition that affects the trigeminal nerve. The nerve carries out the sensation of one’s face to the brain. Trigeminal neuralgia is chronic but can be treated with medications and other types of treatment.
- MS: also known as multiple sclerosis, is a disease that affects the optic nerves of your eyes as well as your brain and your spinal cord, causing problems concerning your vision, muscle controls, balancing, etc.
- Muscular dystrophy refers to a group of neurological disorders involving the loss of muscle mass and consequent strength loss. It is caused due to genetic mutation, which interferes with the production of the muscle proteins needed to maintain and build healthy muscles.
- Bell’s palsy: This condition causes temporary weakness, which is sudden on your facial muscles.
- Peripheral neuropathy results from nerve damage outside of one’s brain and the spinal cord, the peripheral nerves. It mainly affects the hands and the feet, but it can also affect the other parts of your body. Common symptoms include numbness and pain, as well as weakness.
- Alzheimer’s disease is characterized by a progressive brain disorder that slowly affects and destroys memory, thinking ability, and skills. This disease mainly occurs in elderly people but can also have an early onset between 30 and 60, although cases like this are rare.
- Epilepsy (seizures): This is a neurologically based disorder that causes abnormal brain activity, causing periods of unusual behaviors or seizures, and sometimes loss of awareness.
There are also conditions like anxiety, chronic pain, depression, headaches, migraines, etc.
Duration of treatment
The course of treatment is primarily dependent and reliant on the individual’s condition. How severe the problem is or what kind of dysfunction it is. But a typical treatment may range from about 2-4 weeks. It is also dependable on what kind of treatment the patient is receiving.
Related research has found that neuroplasticity is often developed through repetition. Therefore, treatment durations are primarily developed according to this. Our nervous system is very complex, and every one of us is wired to respond uniquely.
Holistic Neurology Patient Evaluation
The primary goal and function of holistic healthcare are to get the best results by treating the person as a whole. It utilizes a mix of medical procedures to evaluate the patient in six categories.
- Neuro-physiologic imbalance
- Anatomical imbalance
- Mood imbalance
- Immune imbalance
- Neuro-endocrine imbalance
This allows for the evaluation and prioritizing of each category. Treatments are then based on what you present, and after that, your highest priority imbalances are first addressed, which helps achieve the best possible results.
As most neurological problems are chronic and not acute, modern medicine might not always make out to be the best option. The holistic approach is needed and recommended to treat and cause the prevention of the wide-range pathological consequence of neurological disorders due to either genetic or environmental factors.
Holistic Neurology is currently used more frequently due to its safe, non-invasive, and evidence-based techniques.
Natural procedures are always considered a safe option, so if you opt for Holistic Neurology instead of the conventional one, ensure you first analyze and review the neurologist before booking an appointment. Also, make sure to check the credentials and recommendations.
Holistic Neurologist Near Me
If you live in Philadelphia and looking for natural healing of neurological conditions, google Holistic Neurologist Near Me and see Philadelphia Holistic Clinic popping up at the top of the search page.
Contact Philadelphia Holistic Clinic (267) 403-3085 to schedule your appointment for a holistic evaluation.