Holistic neurology is an alternative philosophy in medicine that makes it possible to treat neurological conditions naturally. Natural healing attracts more and more patients nowadays due to its effectiveness and safety. In today’s day and age, as the conventional medical field grows more and more, it also indirectly influences the expansion of various alternative medical procedures and treatments. One such field is neurology.
Suppose you are interested in looking at the processes of holistic neurology. In that case, you can read further below to get more in-depth insight into why holistic neurology is a great alternative for individuals suffering from neurological problems.
What is holistic neurology?
Holistic neurology is a simple term applying to the use of a holistic medicine approach in neurology to treat patients suffering from various problems and issues concerning our nervous system.
Holistic medicine is based on believing in healing the body instead of treating only the disease. It evaluates the mind, body, and spirit to treat the person.
It integrates conventional neurological theory, practice, nutrition, and other forms of natural healthcare.
Holistic neurology may employ various treatment methods and techniques considered more natural than the conventional method of treating neurological patients.
Why choose holistic neurology?
Holistic neurology uses a range of holistic techniques to treat neurological conditions. The most common holistic methods used in holistic neurology are:
Its holistic approach to treating neurological patients provides an in-depth healing process for the patient. It considers not just the disease but the symptoms and the origins, thus improving the patient’s overall quality of life.
Additionally, natural healing techniques and natural healing remedies can be helpful if you are not interested in using synthetic drugs or undergoing conventional treatments and surgeries.
Holistic neurology allows you to explore all aspects of your body and health; this is crucial because the nervous system is intimately connected and influences every other organ system.
A holistic neurologist examines the individual’s environment, lifestyle, genetics, and nutrition in relation to the health of one’s nervous system; this helps better understand why these diseases and problems occur and how they can be effectively tackled.
A holistic neurologist will assess and create a treatment plan for the patient. The plan might involve medication, treatments, or surgeries. Some improvements in holistic neurological treatments include improved coordination, memory, and cognition.
How is holistic neurology different from conventional neurology?
The method of conventional neurology often diagnoses neurological problems that can be treated with pharmaceutical drugs or surgery. In comparison, holistic neurology identifies disorders and provides treatments that conform to modern and traditional methods.
Both drugs and surgery are inappropriate for a lot of brain-based disorders. For instance, medications are not meant for only a particular area or part of your brain but for the entire brain. In many cases, depression might relate to dysfunction in only the frontal lobe, but using anti-depressants affects the brain, which might cause side effects.
Holistic neurology looks at not only the area of concern but also the areas that are responsible for carrying out the information.
During evaluation and treatment, a holistic neurologist explores various neurological issues that conventional neurology would not require, as it primarily focuses on symptoms.
- Hormonal imbalances
- Toxic heavy metals, as well as other kinds of toxins
- Infections that are viral, fungal, bacterial, and parasitic
- Impact of poor nutrition, medications, aging, and malabsorption
- Nutritional deficiencies, imbalances, and toxicities
Why is holistic neurology so effective?
Medical procedures and services for neurological treatments are designed to stimulate the natural regeneration of cells, nerves, and other body systems contributing to the problem. Holistic neurological centers provide various services to ensure your well-being and comfort.
- Dental detox eliminates neurotoxins in the tooth, like mercury amalgam fillings, cavities, root canals, and other pathogens that might affect the central and peripheral nervous systems.
- Helping eradicate diseases seen in various neurological disorders, like Lyme disease.
- Nutritional counseling is provided along with guidance and supplements to support your health.
- Herbal remedies help soothe the mind and relieve pain.
Various Types of Holistic Neurology
As a type of alternative medicine, Holistic Neurology offers an array of natural treatments, such as
- Nutritional-based medicine
- Medical plant formulations
- Herbal remedies
- Physical exercise and movement
- Stress management
- Massage therapies
Treatment methods, the purpose of which is to challenge an individual’s nervous system, are also used. It encourages the development of new neurological pathways. These treatment methods are stated below.
- Interactive metronome
- Transcranial stimulation
- Coordination exercises
- Manipulative therapy
What can holistic neurology treat?
- Parkinson’s: This disease is a nervous system disorder that affects the movement of the individual. Tremors, slow movements, and stiffness highly characterize Parkinson’s disease.
- Radiculitis: It is also commonly referred to as radicular pain. It is a painful inflammation occurring along the spinal nerve’s neurological pathway due to heavy pressure on one’s nerve. These pressures can result from several spinal-related conditions, like herniated disks. There are three types of radicular pain conditions.
- Cervical radiculitis
- Lumbar radiculitis
- Thoracic radiculitis
- Trigeminal neuralgia: This is a painful condition that affects the trigeminal nerve. The nerve carries the sensation of one’s face to the brain. Trigeminal neuralgia is chronic but can be treated with medications and other types of treatment.
- MS, also known as multiple sclerosis, is a disease that affects the optic nerves of your eyes, brain, and spinal cord, causing problems concerning your vision, muscle control, balance, etc.
- Muscular dystrophy refers to a group of neurological disorders involving the loss of muscle mass and consequent strength loss. It results from a genetic mutation that prevents the creation of the muscle proteins required to maintain and grow healthy muscles.
- Bell’s palsy: This condition causes temporary weakness, which is sudden on your facial muscles.
- Peripheral neuropathy results from nerve damage outside of one’s brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. It mainly affects the hands and the feet, but it can also affect the other parts of your body. Common symptoms include numbness and pain, as well as weakness.
- Alzheimer’s disease is characterized by a progressive brain disorder that slowly affects and destroys memory, thinking ability, and skills. This disease mainly occurs in elderly people but can also have an early onset between 30 and 60, although cases like this are rare.
- Epilepsy (seizures): This is a neurologically based disorder that causes abnormal brain activity, causing periods of unusual behaviors or seizures, and sometimes loss of awareness.
Duration of treatment
The course of treatment is primarily dependent on the individual’s condition. How severe is the problem, or what kind of dysfunction is it? However, a typical treatment may range from about 2 to 4 weeks. It is also dependent on the kind of treatment the patient is receiving.
Related research has found that neuroplasticity is often developed through repetition. Therefore, treatment durations are primarily developed according to this. Our nervous system is very complex and wired to respond uniquely.
Holistic Neurology Patient Evaluation
The primary goal and function of holistic healthcare are to get the best results by treating the person as a whole. It utilizes a mix of medical procedures to evaluate the patient in six categories.
- Neuro-physiologic imbalance
- Anatomical imbalance
- Mood imbalance
- Immune imbalance
- Neuro-endocrine imbalance
This allows for the evaluation and prioritizing of each category. Treatments are then based on what you present, and after that, your highest priority imbalances are first addressed, which helps achieve the best possible results.
As most neurological problems are chronic and not acute, modern medicine might not always make out to be the best option. The holistic approach is needed and recommended to treat and prevent the wide-range pathological consequences of neurological disorders due to either genetic or environmental factors.
Holistic neurology is used more frequently due to its safe, non-invasive, and evidence-based techniques.
Natural procedures are always considered a safe option, so if you opt for Holistic Neurology instead of the conventional one, ensure you first analyze and review the neurologist before booking an appointment. Also, make sure to check the credentials and recommendations.
Holistic Neurologist Near Me
If you live in Philadelphia and are looking for natural healing for neurological conditions, google Holistic Neurologist Near Me and see Philadelphia Holistic Clinic at the top of the search page.