Treatment for prostate enlargement
Treatment for prostate enlargement is essential and challenging. Have you ever wondered why your doctor is so interested in putting on a glove and sticking his finger in your anus? This is because prostate problems are almost inevitable as a man ages.
There are many treatments for benign prostatic hyperplasia. However, one of the most efficient methods is to gently massage the swollen gland by inserting a finger into the anus. Not all patients are comfortable with this treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Seeing a therapist frequently enough to get the full benefit of the treatment can be challenging for those seeking it.
Another treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia can begin with personal hygiene. Medication or surgery may be recommended if symptoms do not go away with personal hygiene. If you don’t want to take medication or surgery, natural remedies for BPH have also proven effective.
The good news is that there are natural treatments for BPH.
What is benign prostatic hyperplasia?
BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), or prostate enlargement, is common in men over 50. The prostate gland swells in this condition and is tender for several non-malignant reasons.
The prostate is located on the urethra in the lower abdomen, and its primary function is to produce fluids to move semen out of the body and to produce certain types of hormones. When the prostate enlarges, it obstructs the flow of urine from the bladder through the urethra, which slows down the passage of urine.
People with this condition often feel unable to empty their bladder, resulting in persistent discomfort. Other sensations include burning when urinating, discomfort between the bladder and anus, and difficulty getting and maintaining an erection.
Symptoms of BPH
Symptoms of BPH are often very mild initially but become more severe if left untreated. Common symptoms are:
- Incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Dribble at the end of your urine stream
- Incontinence or urine leakage
- The need to strain yourself when urinating
- A weak stream of urine
- A sudden need to urinate
- Slowed or delayed flow of urine
- Painful urination
- Blood in the urine
Talk to your doctor if you have any of these symptoms. They are treatable and can often help prevent complications.
Causes of BPH
BPH is considered a normal condition as men age, and many men over 50 experience symptoms of BPH. Although the exact cause is unknown, changes in male sex hormones associated with aging may be a factor. Any family history of prostate problems or abnormalities in your testicles can increase your risk of BPH. Men with their testicles removed at a young age do not develop BPH.
A natural treatment for prostate enlargement
For any form of prostate enlargement, modern drugs such as prescription drugs, surgery, and radiation therapies are used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia. However, these treatments for benign prostatic hyperplasia all have a wide range of unpleasant and dangerous side effects, such as incontinence and impotence, to name a few. This is why most people seek natural treatment for prostate enlargement: it has no side effects, and it is also effective.
Listed below are different approaches to a natural treatment for BPH
Home remedies for prostate enlargement
Home remedies for prostate enlargement are one of the natural remedies for BPH. It is not a good idea to ignore prostate problems, as some men do. If left untreated, an enlarged prostate can block urine flow from the bladder and lead to other complications, such as urinary retention and kidney damage.
Here are some natural treatments for BPH that you can try as home remedies for prostate enlargement that are effective with no side effects:
- A Sitz bath is one of the most popular home remedies for prostate enlargement. It’s an old-fashioned natural remedy for BPH that soothes an enlarged prostate. The hot bath relaxes the pelvic muscles and promotes healing. The cold bath relieves pain and reduces swelling. All you need to do for this method is fill the tub with lukewarm water and add half a cup of Epsom salt. And in another tub (or a large container), fill it with cold water and add several drops of lavender essential oil to the tub. Now, sit in the tub of hot water for about 3 minutes. Then switch to the one with cold water for 1 minute.
- Stinging nettle leaves are a natural treatment for prostate enlargement and home remedies that can cause sharp and intense pain, but their extract benefits the prostate. The root contains essential bioactive phytochemicals that help shrink prostate tissue. As a natural diuretic, it also promotes the elimination of inflammatory waste through urination. You can have nettle as a drink by simply adding one teaspoon of the dried leaves to hot water. Let it rest for 10 minutes, then filter. You can drink this tea mixture 2-3 times a day. Always consult your doctor before taking any supplement to determine the correct dosage for your size and condition.
- Pelvic strengthening, or Kegel exercises, are home remedies for prostate enlargement that can help alleviate some of the discomforts of an enlarged prostate as they help tone and tone specific pelvic muscles to control urination. All you need to do is empty your bladder and lie on the floor with your knees bent apart. Then, gently contract the pelvic floor muscles for about 5 seconds before relaxing them for 5 seconds. However, men with chronic prostatitis or pelvic pain syndrome should avoid this exercise.
- Apple cider vinegar is perfect for your prostate. This natural treatment for BPH is raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with astringent properties that help shrink swollen prostates. Additionally, it makes weight loss easier and helps prevent enlarged prostate complications, such as urinary tract infections. For home remedies, mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with one tablespoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water. Drink this at least twice a day. Another option with apple cider vinegar is to put about 1 cup in cold water and soak it for about 10 minutes.
Homeopathic remedies for prostate enlargement
Homeopathic remedies for prostate enlargement are also famous and effective natural treatments. Listed below are homeopathic remedies for prostate enlargement, a natural treatment for BPH, and their symptoms when used.
- This homeopathic remedy for prostate enlargement is an effective remedy for prostate enlargement, especially in the elderly. Frequent urination is the first symptom of this type of prostate enlargement. An affected patient develops an urge to urinate from time to time, and a burning sensation occurs in the urethra while urinating. Degrading changes are observed in the vascular, heart, and brain systems. Memory loss and decreased libido are observed. The patient cannot bear the cold and the feet sweat.
- Digitalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for BPH patients with heart problems accompanied by frequent urinary problems. This type of prostate enlargement is common in older men. The pulse rate may become irregular or abnormal, and edema is observed in the inner and outer parts. The swelling of the genital organs is also noticed.
- This homeopathic remedy for prostate enlargement is used for enlarged prostates with dysuria. There is pain when urinating, the patient feels pressure on the bladder, and the urination seems incomplete. A burning sensation in the urethra is observed when urinating, which persists even after urinating.
- Conium is another effective homeopathic remedy for BPH to cure prostate enlargement with frequent urination. This condition can occur due to an injury or a shock. Hardening and hardening of the gland are caused, and it looks like a stone. The major problem is urinating, and it seems incomplete.
- This is a popular homeopathic remedy for prostate enlargement, and it is considered one of the best medicines for this condition. Symptoms include irritation of the urinary organs and an increased need to urinate at night.
- Thuja Occidentalis is the most suitable recipe for the extreme urgency of benign prostatic hyperplasia. The urine flow is minor. There may be frequent urges to urinate. Burning or cutting pain may be observed when urinating. Thuja Occidentalis is one of the natural treatments for prostate enlargement that can be used to treat involuntary urination even at night.
- Agnus castus is another natural remedy for prostate enlargement, a very well-indicated drug used to treat sexual disorders in men due to benign prostatic hyperplasia. Agnus castus, one of the homeopathic remedies for BPH, can treat weak erections or complete erection loss due to an enlarged prostate. Loss of libido in men with BPH can also be treated well with Agnus castus.
- Clematis erecta and Chimaphila umbellata are very useful in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia. Clematis erecta is indicated when there is difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate. The person has to try very hard before the urine begins to flow. Severe burns may occur during the passage of the last drops of urine. In some cases, there may also be dribbling after urinating. Chimaphila umbellata is also useful when a person gets tired of urinating. Burns while urinating may also be present. In extreme cases, the urine is drained with great tension, with the body leaning forward. Clematis erecta and Chimaphila umbarata are well-known as natural ways to treat enlarged prostates and BPH that work well and do not have any harmful effects.
- Lycopodium clavatum works wonders for frequent nocturnal urination due to benign prostatic hyperplasia. In addition to frequent nocturnal urination due to an enlarged prostate, another characteristic of the guiding feature of Lycopodium clavatum is the need to wait to start urinating. In short, a person who needs Lycopodium Clavatum passes scanty urine during the daytime and suffers profuse urination at night. Lycopodium clavatum is also one of the natural treatments for prostate enlargement and homeopathic remedies that are effective and cause no side effects.
Homeopathic prostate enlargement remedies are considered an ideal natural treatment for BPH patients who want to avoid surgery. With no side effects, homeopathic remedies for BPH work naturally and produce excellent results.
Acupuncture for prostate enlargement
Researchers discovered that acupuncture for prostate enlargement and Chinese herbal medicine can help people who have benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), which is another name for prostate enlargement, relieve their urinary retention.
Acupuncture for prostate enlargement is one of the natural treatments for prostate enlargement. Acupuncture is one of the few treatments for prostate problems that have been shown to have positive results.
Acupuncture for prostate enlargement focuses on treating the cause of the enlarged prostate rather than just relieving the symptoms. Wouldn’t it be great to sleep through the night without getting up several times to urinate?
In 2012, a study was conducted to investigate the effectiveness of acupuncture for BPH. This study enrolled 100 participants receiving acupuncture treatment for prostate enlargement, such as urination. Frequent urination decreased urine flow and effort to urinate. The study found that patients with moderate to severe prostatic hyperplasia (an enlarged prostate) got a lot better. This shows that acupuncture treatment for BPH effectively lowers prostatic hyperplasia symptoms and makes people happier.
Other natural treatments for prostate enlargement may include specific measures or lifestyle changes that you can make to relieve your BPH symptoms. These include:
- Urinate as soon as you feel the urge
- Avoid over-the-counter decongestants or antihistamines, which make it difficult to empty your bladder.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine, especially in the hours after dinner
- Reduce your stress levels, as nervousness can increase the frequency of urination
- Exercise regularly, as a lack of exercise can make your symptoms worse
- Learn and practice Kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic muscles
- Stay warm, as the cold can make symptoms worse
Natural treatment for prostate enlargement is effective, safe, and affordable. Using acupuncture and homeopathic remedies for prostate enlargement can save men from surgery and other medical interventions. However, a medical doctor—not a naturopath or herbalist—should administer the natural treatment for BPH. It is imperative to perform a proper lab test and differential diagnosis to be sure that the enlargement of the prostate gland is benign and not a symptom of prostate cancer.