Natural treatment for bipolar disorder
Natural treatment for bipolar disorder is challenging but very often highly effective, safe, and affordable. Bipolar disorder has emerged as a very serious problem in today’s society. Given the incredible pressures that the population faces in terms of economic issues and other related personal problems, there are growth factors and genetic factors that contribute to the onset of bipolar disorder. The onset of bipolar illness usually starts in a young adult and continues through adulthood if left untreated. Although you cannot see the suffering, it is serious and can be very harmful. Also, note that treatment for bipolar disorder is very possible.
What is Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder, also known as manic depression, is a diagnostic classification that identifies a category of mood problems in which the individual reports conditions or symptoms of depression or mania, hypomania, or illness. If left untreated, it can be a serious psychiatric problem.
About 1% of the population in the United States has bipolar disorder and often has symptoms of bipolar disorder.
Bipolar disorder is a mental disorder that is accompanied by emotional lows (depression) and highs (mania or hypomania). When you’re depressed, you experience a sensation of hopelessness and sadness and lose interest in most activities. When you experience mania or hypomania, you’re full of energy, unusually irritable, and euphoric. These mood swings can affect your behavior, judgment, activity, energy, sleep, and even the ability to think.
Mood swing episodes vary. While some patient rarely experiences episodes, others may experience it multiple times a year. Some people might experience emotional symptoms between episodes others might not experience at all.
The condition is lifelong, but symptoms and mood swings can be managed through following an effective treatment plan. Generally, psychological counseling, along with medications, is recommended; however, some patients find Natural remedies for bipolar disorder to be very useful.
Causes and symptoms of bipolar disorder
The cause of this condition has been attributed to biological and environmental factors. This means that those around you can trigger an underlying mental illness that has silently lodged in the back of your mind.
A person suffering from this disease can have many symptoms. In many cases, they confuse this with other similar disorders. However, the most noticeable symptoms are symptoms of depression, mania or hypomania, and psychotic symptoms.
These symptoms may not be obvious. The disease can progress slowly. Since there are no medical tests that can help diagnose this condition, experts rely only on behavioral observations and family reports to get an accurate diagnosis.
Traditional treatment for bipolar disorder
There are many types of treatment for bipolar disorder, each of which improves the condition in different ways depending on the patient. Since these are very high and very low levels, different treatments for bipolar disorder are required to address the different elements of the disease. Many studies have been done to prove the success of various treatments for bipolar disorder and the conclusion is consistent with the condition. The success of the treatment for bipolar disorder depends on the individual and their environment.
There is no single treatment for bipolar disorder that should be used alone, but several together. It begins with the help of an experienced psychiatrist to properly diagnose the condition and suggest the appropriate treatments.
The heights of the disease are often referred to as manias. These manias can harm the individual or those close to them, and essentially everyone around them. For these manias there are special drugs that can calm the patient and stabilize his mood, listed below are the treatment for bipolar disorder under the mania type:
Bipolar disorder also has another category known as depression and are treated using a different method, listed below are the treatment for bipolar disorder under the depression category:
- Lifestyle changes
- Social support
When the depression becomes too severe and the patient fails to respond to medication and other sources of treatment, electroconvulsive therapy has proven to be the best treatment for bipolar disorder. Many patients seem a little scary and dread this treatment for bipolar disorder and try to avoid such a serious measure. Many doctors prefer the alternative treatment for bipolar disorder route and help patients maintain their bipolar disorder and improve their mental health naturally and sometimes with the help of various medications.
Young adults and the elderly see psychiatrists discuss the optimal plan to improve their mental state and help them restore a normal lifestyle. Hospital care is sometimes required when lives are in danger and the patient’s health is deteriorating. Most treatments for bipolar disease focus on long-term comprehensive treatment because it is a long-term condition.
Natural treatments for bipolar disorder
There are several bipolar treatments available today for all people with this condition. Deciding whether to undergo drug therapy or natural treatments of bipolar disorder can be a daunting task.
Natural treatments for bipolar disorder, however, should include calming herbs that are generally safe to use with psychotropic drugs for bipolar disorder. One of the most common calming herbs is lavender. Sodium sulfate, potassium phosphate, and sodium phosphate can be used as a natural treatment for bipolar disorder because they have a calming effect and can have a restorative effect on the nervous system. At the same time, they can help balance moods and remove mood swings from the victim’s life.
Natural remedies for bipolar disorder
Natural remedies for bipolar disorder are safe and effective. In this article, we will explain how Natural remedies for bipolar disorder work and what you as a patient can expect. Bipolar disorder is becoming increasingly common, and the symptoms can prevent people from living their lives to the fullest. In the US alone, it’s estimated that 2.3 million people suffer from this condition. It can start during adolescence or even as late as 40 or 50. Sadly, there is no cure for this condition, but with self-management and on-going treatment, people can enjoy extended periods without any symptoms.
Other than conventional treatments and drugs, many people experience relief through alternative treatments and Natural remedies for bipolar disorder. For people looking for a safe and alternative treatment, these remedies can be beneficial.
Fish Oil – an essential Home remedy for bipolar disorder
Fish and fish oil are common sources of two omega-3 fatty acids:
- docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
These fatty acids can affect your brain’s chemicals that are linked with mood disorders. Studies show that bipolar disorder is less prevalent in countries that record-high consumption of fish and fish oil. People suffering from depression also seem to possess low levels of omega-3 fatty acids in their blood. These healthy acids can help with bipolar disorder in the following ways:
- Improving brain function
- Reducing depression symptoms
- Maintaining mood stability
- Reducing aggression and irritability
Fish oils are easily accessible and effective home remedies for bipolar disorder.
If you’re interested in natural treatments for bipolar disorder, you might want to consider incorporating fish oil as part of your regimen.
St John’s Wort # 1 natural remedy for bipolar disorder
There are various herbs used as a cure for bipolar disorder, but ST Johns Wort seems to be the most promising. In Europe, this herb is very popular for mood management. Some studies show that St Johns Wort works very similarly to anti-depressants, which can be very beneficial in managing bipolar disorder symptoms. However, it’s essential that you seek expert help regarding the dosage and whether the herb will be useful for your particular condition.
Rhodiola – another important herbal natural treatment for bipolar disorder.
This herb for bipolar disorder has been used for years for effective stress management and has also shown very promising results for people suffering from depression. It doesn’t work exactly like an anti-depressant. Still, it also possesses fewer side effects making it a viable option for people with bipolar disorder that are looking for a safe and effective alternative. It has mild stimulation properties and can be beneficial as a complementary for people that are on active anti-depressants. Using it with other herbs and natural remedies for bipolar disorder can also be helpful.
Herbal remedies for bipolar – popular natural treatment for bipolar disorder
Herbal remedies for bipolar are one of the approaches to natural treatments for bipolar disorder have many herbs that have been used to treat neurological disorders over the centuries. Herbalists call these substances nerves, and some of these herbal remedies for bipolar are very effective in the treatment of specific symptoms of bipolar disorder.
Listed below are herbal remedies for bipolar:
- Black cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa): This is one of the herbal remedies for bipolar, it has a depressant and nervous system sedative that is sometimes used by people with autoimmune diseases for its anti-inflammatory effects. Its active ingredient appears to bind to estrogen receptor sites so that it can cause hormonal activity.
- Damiana (Turnera aphrodisiaca): This is also an herbal remedy for bipolar, and it is a traditional remedy for depression. As the Latin name suggests, it is also believed to have aphrodisiac properties. In any case, it seems to affect the endocrine system. Its energy quality can be dangerous for bipolar patients.
- Gingko Biloba: This herbal remedy for bipolar is an extract from the ginkgo tree that is touted as an herb and can improve your memory. There is clinical evidence to support this claim. It is an antioxidant and is prescribed in Germany to treat dementia. This makes it ideal for the natural treatment of bipolar disorder.
- Ginseng (Panax quinquefolium): These herbal remedies for bipolar disorder have an energizing effect that can be useful for people whose depression is accompanied by extreme fatigue and lethargy.
- Grapeseed Oil and Pycnogenol: Both are very powerful herbal remedies for bipolar Pycnogenol is made from marine pines.
- St John’s Wort # 1 natural remedy for bipolar disorder – There are various herbs used as a cure for bipolar disorder, but ST Johns Wort seems to be the most promising. In Europe, this herb is very popular for mood management. Some studies show that St Johns Wort works very similarly to anti-depressants, which can be very beneficial in managing bipolar disorder symptoms. However, it’s essential that you seek expert help regarding the dosage and whether the herb will be useful for your particular condition.
- Rhodiola – another important herbal natural treatment for bipolar disorder -This herb for bipolar disorder has been used for years for effective stress management and has also shown very promising results for people suffering from depression. It doesn’t work exactly like an anti-depressant. Still, it also possesses fewer side effects making it a viable option for people with bipolar disorder that are looking for a safe and effective alternative. It has mild stimulation properties and can be beneficial as a complementary for people that are on active anti-depressants. Using it with other herbs and natural remedies for bipolar disorder can also be helpful.
Homeopathy for bipolar disorder – #1 natural treatment of bipolar.
Homeopathy for bipolar disorder is a number one natural treatment for bipolar while remedies like Tarantula and Hyoscyamus can also be very helpful and can be safely used with psychotropic drugs without any side effects.
Homeopathy for bipolar disorder is an excellent alternative approach. Since it’s a holistic approach, it makes it possible to get to the root of the problem. Unlike conventional methods, Homeopathic remedies for bipolar disorder do not just target the symptoms. Instead, an exhaustive and comprehensive evaluation is initiated to study your previous medical conditions as well as the present situation. After that, homeopathic remedies are personalized to target your particular condition. This can be very advantageous in finding long term remedy and prevent future mood swings as well.
There is no specific homeopathic remedy for bipolar disorder, and remedies are customized for the patients. Research shows the homeopathic remedy Ignatia to be very effective in treating bipolar disorder symptoms. The chances of side effects are minimal or none, and since it contains no harmful chemical, homeopathy can be a viable option for men, women, and across all ages. Additionally, it can be combined with other natural and alternative treatments for enhanced results.
Other types of homeopathy for bipolar are listed below:
- Ignatia Amara: This is one of Homeopathy for bipolar disorders in the depressive phase. Ignatia Amara is homeopathic medicine and natural treatment used to treat the depressive phase of bipolar disorder. People in need of a prescription for Ignatia Amara experience episodes of sadness, hopelessness, unhappiness, and crying. Other symptoms include cravings for loneliness, lonely sleep, and mild insult. A history of grief, disappointment, loss of loved ones, or broken relationships is believed to be the main cause of such cases. Rapidly changing moods – from sadness to happiness, to crying to laughter – are other unique symptoms to look out for when prescribing Ignatia Amara.
- Lachesis Muta and Veratrum: This is one of the best Homeopathy for bipolar Lachesis Muta and Veratrum is a good homeopathic for bipolar medicines in the manic phase. The symptoms that guide Lachesis Muta’s use are increased mental activity, arousal, irritability, restlessness, violent behavior, the urge to do everything quickly, and strong outbursts of anger. The other symptoms are excessive chatter, obsession with work, and shopping. Homeopathic Medicine Veratrum Album is particularly useful for violent mania with screaming, the urge to cut or tear things. It is also a natural treatment for bipolar disorder.
- Aurum Metallicum: Aurum Metallicum is another type of Homeopathy for bipolar that is used as a natural treatment for bipolar disorder. Aurum Metallicum is an excellent homeopathic medicine for bipolar disorder, the main symptoms of which are extreme hopelessness with thoughts of suicide. People who are prescribed the homeopathic medicine Aurum Metallicum are sad and see life as a burden. They have low self-esteem and are very critical of themselves. They long for death with constant thoughts of suicide.
- Staphisagria: Wonderful homeopathy for bipolar disorder with sudden outbursts of anger. For bipolar disorder, where people experience sudden outbursts of anger, the homeopathic medicine Staphysagria is the best prescription. These people will tend to suppress anger but will experience sudden fits of anger in which they risk throwing or breaking things. Lack of self-confidence, self-pity, self-blame, easy to offend, and feel worthless. The case analysis will reveal a history of humiliation, guilt, physical/sexual abuse.
The clinical study sponsored by the Laboratoires Boiron, France and tracked autonomously by the scientists who take the sole accountability for its project, data gathering, analyses, clarification, and writing of this document discovered the following:
Patients with bipolar disorder picking to GPs who recommends homeopathic remedies in addition to allopathic drugs reported use of less psychotropic pharmaceutical drugs and were a bit more likely to experience clinical advancing than individuals treated with conventional allopathic care. These discoveries may result from the collective effect of helplessness of pharmaceutical psychotropic medications and numerical regression to the mean as well as from efficient and safe homeopathic management.
Acupuncture for bipolar – ancient Chinese natural treatment for bipolar disorder
Acupuncture for bipolar is another natural treatment for bipolar that focuses on promoting the flow of energy from the surface of our body to our organs. This energy, or qi, is important not only for our mental health but also for our emotional, physical, and mental balance. With Acupuncture for bipolar the correct balance can be restored with the help of several thousand different acupuncture points, which serve as maps of our primary and secondary meridians.
A doctor can use a series of very fine acupuncture needles to apply pressure to specific areas of the skin to clear energy blocks and allow the body to heal itself. Acupuncture for bipolar is an ancient therapy method that has been shown to help bipolar patients better regulate their stress response. Chemically speaking, Acupuncture for bipolar stimulates the central nervous system and releases endorphins that bipolar patients normally do not produce in high enough quantities. This process helps bipolar and depressed patients experience significant reductions in their symptoms of mania during regular acupuncture. This is also one of the most effective natural treatments for bipolar.
Acupuncture for bipolar disorder can be very effective, and the results are often remarkable. By modulating the stress response, acupuncture can be very beneficial for bipolar disorder patients. Utilizing very fine acupuncture needles, an acupuncturist will apply pressure in very particular points of your body, eliminating any blocked energy and allowing the body to heal by itself. This ancient Chinese technique has shown to be very promising in helping bipolar patients manage their response to stress. Bipolar patients often have low levels of endorphin production.
Conventional medicine believes Acupuncture for bipolar disorder helps in releasing endorphins, which stimulates your nervous system. This significantly helps bipolar patients to reduce their symptoms of mania after regular acupuncture sessions. However, it is to be noted that several sessions will be needed before positive results are witnessed.
It can be even more beneficial if acupuncture is combined with other natural remedies for bipolar disorder. It has minimal to no side effects, and contrary to popular belief, acupuncture sessions are painless.
Hypnosis for bipolar highly effective natural treatment for bipolar disorder.
If you or someone you love is living with bipolar disorder, you are familiar with the manic ups and downs that people with bipolar experience regularly experience. These roller coasters of emotions can be confusing, frustrating, and even dangerous at times. However, with hypnosis for bipolar disorder coupled with conventional treatment, mood maintenance can finally become a reality.
Hypnosis for bipolar is one of the most effective natural treatments for bipolar disorder that takes a perceptual approach. Of course, we are talking about clinical hypnosis aka hypnotherapy performed by a trained medical doctor. This treatment works from the point of view and the “reality” of the client rather than that of the professional. The goal of hypnosis for bipolar disorder is to reduce the client’s stress levels and help them to focus on the positive aspects.
Alternative treatment for bipolar disorder
Bipolar is a complex and devastating disorder that will change your life and possibly end your life, as you know. Medications are usually needed to treat this disorder, but other types of treatment exist as well. With that in mind, here are some of the alternative treatments for bipolar that are commonly used in conjunction with or as alternatives to medications.
Cognitive behavior therapy, psychological education, and meditation
Cognitive behavior therapy is one of the alternative treatment for bipolar disease, the process is where you learn your tendencies and how to properly address them. For example, the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) claims that people with bipolar disorder learn to change their harmful or negative thought patterns and behaviors through CBT.
The psychological training works the same way and also an alternative treatment for bipolar disorder. There you will learn about your illness and signs of relapse so you can seek help before a full episode occurs. When combined with CBT, this can be a very good treatment for a patient.
Sometimes electroconvulsive therapy, also known as shock therapy, is used, which is also an alternative treatment for bipolar disease. It’s much safer and more efficient than in the past. However, there are some side effects, such as short-term memory loss, disorientation, and confusion.
A healthy lifestyle is also an alternative treatment for bipolar because frequently, people with bipolar disorder also have other medical conditions such as thyroid disease, heart disease, diabetes, or obesity. These diseases can cause some of the symptoms of mania or depression and even annoying bipolar disorder. This is why it is essential to eat well and exercise properly to reduce the severity of cycles.
Meditation is one of the alternative treatments for bipolar; it can also be very useful, significantly since stress can trigger cycles. Every time you meditate, you can relax, and this directly counteracts your stress. It is also an effective way to reduce the frequency of your cycles.
Meditation is also a natural treatment for bipolar can make the mind think more positively and feel surrounded by positive energies. Aside from this meditation, you also make sure that you learn to keep control of your temperament and be calm and composed even in difficult situations. One of the main symptoms of bipolar disorder is that the individual becomes very quick to lose temper and may display excessive aggression.
Just remember that natural treatments for bipolar, as any traditional treatments, are very demanding; they can work for one person but then won’t affect another person. You just have to find the right treatment that suits your body. It’s that simple. This is just to warn you. If you try and it doesn’t work, don’t give up.
Bipolar disorder is a tricky condition to deal with, and it can prevent you from living a healthy and sound life. Symptoms can be hard to deal with and no cure exists currently. However, with a comprehensive and effective treatment plan, the symptoms can be significantly reduced, and future episodes can be prevented. The above listed natural treatments for bipolar disorders can provide remarkable results. However, there is no single treatment plan, and you might have to experiment with a few before finding the right one.
At the Philadelphia Holistic Clinic team of holistic professionals (acupuncturists, psychologists, leech therapists, homeopaths, and hypnotherapists) work under the strict supervision of medical doctor Victor Tsan who has extensive academic and clinical experience in natural treatments of bipolar disorder.