Low libido treatment
Low libido treatment is important and must be effective and safe. People suffering from low libido seldom seek treatment, and many times it’s because they feel embarrassed. In fact, it’s estimated that about 31 % of men and 43% of women suffer from sexual dysfunction, and a large portion of this is due to low libido. If you’re suffering from this condition and want effective low libido treatment, you don’t have to pump your body full of medication and drugs. In fact, many people see significant results through a natural treatment for low libido.
There are various natural and alternative options of treatment for low libido in females that can provide impressive results without the dangers of adverse effects.
Low libido – Definition?
A decrease in sex drive, which can hinder sexual activity, is referred to as low libido. Low libido is not a serious condition, but it can ruin your relationship and cast doubt between you and your partner. However, low libido can be treated if the root of the cause is ascertained.
A decrease in sex drive is often confused with erectile dysfunction, but the two are different but can co-exist. This condition can be the result of a single factor, but many times, its due to various factors. Low libido can occur among both men and women, and the causes can be different for both genders.
Low libido: What Causes It?
Depending on your gender, the causes of low libido can be different. Factors for low libido among women include:
- Fatigue: exhaustion from tending to your family can lead to low libido. Additionally, fatigue from surgery or illness can also lead to low libido.
- Surgery: If you have received surgery related to your genital tract or breasts, you can experience problems related to your sexual function, body image, and sexual drive.
- Lifestyle habits: If you drink excessive alcohol, smoke, or take drugs, you’ll have higher chances for a low sex drive.
- Medications: If you’re under prescription drugs, particularly anti-depressants, you can suffer from low libido.
- Diseases: Various diseases like neurological diseases, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, and arthritis can contribute to low blood pressure.
- Hormonal changes: If you’re going through menopause or experiencing hormonal changes due to pregnancy, you might experience low libido as well.
The most common causes of a decrease in sex drive among men include:
- Low testosterone: Your sex drive is also determined by your testosterone level. As you age, it’s normal for your testosterone level to dip. However, a huge drop in your testosterone level can cause low libido.
- Medications: certain medications can also decrease your testosterone levels, which can lower your libido.
- Depression: If you’re suffering from depression, it can affect every aspect of your life. In fact, you may lose interest in activities that you previously found pleasurable, including sex. Additionally, anti-depressants have also been linked to low libido.
- Low self-esteem: If you have low self-esteem about yourself, it can significantly affect your emotional health. It can also lead to anxiety about your sexual performance, which can, in turn, decrease your sexual desire.
- Alcohol and drug use: Excessive alcohol intake, along with drug use, has been linked with low libido.
The cause of low libido can vary from person to person. For effective treatment, it’s critical to unearth the root cause of your problem. A natural and holistic low libido treatment can effectively get to the core of your issue.
Natural Remedies For Low libido treatment
If you don’t like the idea of pumping your body full of prescription drugs, you can opt for a low sex drive treatment using natural remedies that can provide the same or better results as allopathic treatments without the adverse effects.
Homeopathy for low libido – #1 low libido treatment
Homeopathy for low libido can prove to be a beneficial remedy. What makes homeopathy so effective is that it doesn’t just concentrate on your symptoms but the whole self. It evaluates your current condition, along with your previous medical history. This makes it possible to get to the root of your problem and find a permanent solution.
There are various homeopathic remedies for low libido such as Agnus Castus, Sabal Serrulata, and Nuphar Luteum. Agnus Castus is primarily beneficial for reversing low sexual drive. Homeopathic remedies are also very safe and can be used on all genders and age groups.
Acupuncture for low libido – effective ancient Chinese low libido treatment
Acupuncture is an excellent holistic low libido treatment. By placing very thin needles into specific parts of your body, acupuncture for low libido triggers your body’s natural healing process. It also balances your hormones and promotes blood flow to the organs that affect your sexual drive. Additionally, acupuncture is known for its effectiveness in reducing stress, which can help in restoring your emotional balance. All these benefits make acupuncture a highly beneficial low libido treatment.
Acupuncture can promote your overall well-being, which can, in turn, improve your sex drive as well. Acupuncture treatment is also personalized for your particular condition, making it possible to find a permanent solution. Acupuncture for low libido has no known side effects, and in the hands of a well-trained practitioner, it’ll not cause any bleeding or bruising. In combination with other alternative treatments, results from acupuncture as a natural treatment for low libido can be enhanced.
Herbal Remedies – home treatment for low sex drive.
Herbs can also be an effective low libido treatment. There are various herbal remedies, and you’ll have to experiment with a few before finding the right one. Many times, various herbs are also combined to treat various symptoms. Some common herbal remedies for low libido include basil and garlic. Garlic is very potent in allicin, which promotes blood flow, which can, in turn, lead to an increase in sex drive.
The Chinese herb Ginkgo Biloba is very effective in dealing with anti-depressant induced low libido. Herbs are predominantly safe, but they can counteract with certain medications. If you’re under blood thinners, you must refrain from herbs.
Seeking treatment for low libido is nothing to be embarrassed about. The sooner you seek treatment, the better the results. If you take prescription drugs, you might face adverse effects and can even further reduce your sexual drive. The above-mentioned natural remedies for low libido can provide excellent results without any negative consequences. If you still don’t see results after trying out the remedies mentioned above, you must seek medical intervention as soon as possible, as there might be more significant problems underneath.
If you suffer from a lack of libido consider natural treatment. Natural treatment for low libido may include acupuncture, homeopathy, medicinal herbs, and hypnosis. All these modalities are available at the Philadelphia Holistic Clinic provided by the best specialists in each method and supervised by the medical doctor Victor Tsan.
Contact our clinic to schedule your appointment with Victor Tsan, MD, and discuss your treatment plan.