Natural Remedies for Digestive Problems: Do They Work?
Natural Remedies for Digestive Problems have existed for many years and are still used by the general public even today despite having lots of pharmaceutical medicine. These remedies may include herbs, plant extracts, fruits, vegetables, and even spices, most of which can be easily found and prepared in your home.
It takes time to see results, but natural remedies have very little to no side effects, and the results can be remarkable.
Natural remedies for stomach issues have often given remarkable result in treating problems that are not severe but instead happens regularly, like a cold or a fever, headache, stomach-related issues like gastric, etc. So, here is our take on why natural remedies for stomach issues work and how their uses and treatments can benefit you.
What are Natural Remedies for Digestive Problems?
Natural Remedies for Digestive Problems are an alternative approach to treating illness and diseases using natural methods and substances. Natural remedies for stomach issues include active natural ingredients and various natural treatments like homeopathy, acupuncture, and hypnosis.
Natural Remedies for Digestive Problems treat all kinds of physical and mental sicknesses. Many highly recommend using natural remedies as they have fewer side effects than mixed chemical medicines produced by pharmacies.
Which digestive problems can be treated naturally?
Regarding holistic medicine, most digestive diseases can be successfully treated without pharmaceutical drugs. However, always consult your physician or choose a holistic provider who is a medical doctor. Holistic medicine can not substitute surgical intervention in emergency cases. Below is the list of gastroenterological conditions that can be successfully treated naturally.
- Acid Reflux
- Anal Fissure
- Bad Breath – Halitosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Fatty Liver
- Gas Pain and Bloating
- Gluten Intolerance
- IBD – Irritable Bowel Disease
- IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Leaky Gut
- Stomach Ulcer
- Ulcerative Colitis
- gall stones
Natural remedies for stomach issues
Stomach aches are widespread, and everyone is bound to experience them once in their lifetime. There is a massive arsenal of natural medicines to treat it, whether it’s having indigestion or more severe problems like acid reflux or gastritis.
Here is a list of the most popular natural remedies for stomach issues.
- Ginger: This spice is known for its use to relieve nausea. Experts recommend consuming it either by chewing or drinking it along with tea.
- Turmeric: This herb is used in treating common digestive disorders. It possesses anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can be very helpful in resolving digestive issues.
- Chamomile tea has anti-inflammatory properties, so a drink or two can help ease your upset stomach.
- Milk thistle treats diseases like liver cirrhosis, liver poisoning, etc. In addition, it also treats people experiencing sluggish digestion as well as metabolism.
- Peppermint: The leaves in this herb contain a natural analgesic, a pain reliever. This component helps in fixing nausea as well as an upset stomach. There are many ways in which peppermint can be used. You can chew the leaves, sniff an extract or brew a cup of either peppermint or spearmint tea.
- Apple cider vinegar: Since a lack of stomach acid triggers indigestion, a drink of apple cider vinegar can help increase stomach acid production. If you have the stomach for it, you can drink it raw or mix it with water and honey, which will benefit you equally.
- Pineapple: Pineapple extract is a good remedy for treating a sick stomach. It is helpful as it contains digestive enzymes; thus, it results in being sold as a type of treatment for indigestion and heartburn.
- Slippery elm: This tree contains mucilage, which is a type of gel-like substance. This substance makes it an effective natural remedy. This remedy is found in many styles and forms, like capsules, tablets, tinctures, and tea for treating digestive distress.
- Lemon: Drinking lemon juice can help in easing indigestion.
Other Effective Natural Treatments for Digestive Issues
Besides using natural herbs and plants, other natural treatments can effectively treat stomach problems. Some of these include:
Homeopathy for stomach problems.
Homeopathy: This natural medicinal practice uses substances like plants and minerals and mixes them. It offers several natural remedies for stomach problems. Below are some of the remedies.
- Carbo vegetabilis helps in relieving stomach bloating and gas.
- Nux vomica is a remedy that helps relieve nausea and cramps from indigestion, particularly after having too much spicy food or alcohol.
- Antimonium crudum helps relieve indigestion caused by overeating acidic food or cured meat.
- Lycopodium helps relieve bloating and gas around the waist from discomfort and indigestion.
- Pulsatilla helps resolve gastric discomforts caused by consuming too much food with fatty content, such as cakes and ice cream.
Acupuncture for abdominal diseases
Acupuncture: This is an alternative medical technique to treat pain and other forms of sickness. The method is carried out by inserting needles through a specified point in the body. Below are some points of acupuncture used in treating stomach issues.
- Zusanli (ST36), this particular pressure point is applied on the foot or the stomach and is used to treat stomach organs such as the gallbladder, large and small intestine, etc. The zusanli has been proven by patients to help treat gastric motility disorders.
- Neiguan (PC6) is applied to treat stomach aches and nausea. This point is found around the wrist, above your wrist joint by about two inches on the side of the palm and between your large tendons.
- Additional points include Neiting (ST44) and Taichong (LV3), which promote stomach and liver wellness by clearing the stomach and liver channels from heat.
The role of hypnosis in the treatment of gastroenterological conditions.
Hypnosis: Hypnosis is used as a type of natural medical treatment. It uses techniques to guide the mind into a trance with enhanced concentration. During the last decade, this treatment has strongly influenced gastrointestinal functioning.
Research has mainly found hypnotherapy to affect treating patients significantly, both adults and children, suffering from IBS, also known as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and treating abdominal pain in children. It is also known to help control nausea and vomiting. It can be very beneficial for chronic disorders, and the side effects of hypnosis are super rare. It’s an excellent alternative option for resolving stomach issues.
Despite some concerns and criticism, medicinal uses of Natural Remedies for Digestive Problems have been implemented by many medical professionals. Compared to conventional medical treatment, Natural Treatments for Digestive Issues are cost-effective and do not require lengthy medical procedures.
The use of Natural Remedies for Digestive Problems has been persistent since ancient times and continues to do so; therefore, it’s ignorant to dismiss its benefits and uses. It has consistently provided proven results in healing many health concerns.
Natural Treatments for Digestive Issues In Philadelphia
Suppose you live in the Citi of Brotherly Love and looking for Natural Treatments for Digestive Issues. In that case, you are in the right place because Philadelphia Holistic Clinic is the home for all known natural healing methods, including acupuncture, Homeopathy, Hypnosis, Reiki, Medical Herbology, and more. All the best naturopathic specialists gathered here at the clinic under the supervision of the medical doctor Victor Tsan. His 40+ years of clinical experience guarantee the best and most professional approach to your treatment.
Contact Philadelphia Holistic Clinic at (267) 403-3085 for your initial evaluation appointment and meet Dr. Tsan. He will personally examine you; the evaluation will last 80-90 minutes or more if necessary. During your appointment, you will undergo all necessary testing and be offered the most customized and personalized natural treatment.
You can also use our secure online scheduling application to book an appointment.