Treatment for gout
Treatment for gout in Western medicine is palliative. Most doctors will prescribe a combination of anti-inflammatory and pain relievers, including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), corticosteroids, or colchicine, in the gout treatment. While these treatments for gout reduce pain or inflammation, all of these treatments do not cure the root cause of gout and high uric acid levels. This is one reason people choose natural gout treatment because it is inexpensive and very effective in treating gout.
Basics of gout
Gout results from uric acid buildup in the joints of the body. Those who suffer from gout cannot correctly eliminate uric acid in the body. Based on medical studies, accumulated uric acid could directly result from various health conditions, such as kidney dysfunction, increased uric acid production in the body, or overeating food rich in purines.
Gout is an arthritic condition of the joints or inflammation of the joints and swelling of the recurring type. Usually, gout occurs in a joint, accompanied by a sharp pain in the big toe. However, it can affect the heel or ankle, leading to the knees, wrists, elbows, and fingers. Symptoms include back pain, fever, severe pain, swelling, red and shiny skin around the joints, and upset stomach.
Gout is an ancient disease that affects millions of people of all ages and from all walks of life. It is a disease caused by the formation and storage of uric acid. Because of the increased uric acid level in the blood, urate monosodium or uric acid crystals form in the joints or the surrounding tissue and cause a local inflammatory reaction. Although extremely bothersome and painful, gout can be cured with natural treatment.
Symptoms of gout
If you have this disease, the usual symptoms that plague you are described as sudden and can come on without warning. Hence, it is always better to know about natural gout treatments to reduce the buildup as early as possible. Here are the symptoms that can occur when gout sets in:
- Rapid excruciating pain in the big toe is the main symptom of gout
- Heat and inflammation of the affected joints
- Reddening of the skin on the affected joints
- Gout can also occur in the joints of the fingers, elbows, ankles, wrists, and ears.
- Some gout sufferers have other symptoms, such as fever, chills, and a fast heartbeat.
- The pain from gout attacks can last for hours, days, and sometimes weeks.
Natural treatments for gout
Did you know that gout is one of the oldest known diseases? Plenty of historical records show that gout plagued many kings in the Middle Ages. And the main reason many kings suffered from gout was their wild lifestyle. Kings were often greedy for food and alcohol.
Modern researchers have found a cure for gout; surprisingly, these are not synthetic drugs. You can cure it with natural treatment depending on your lifestyle.
Natural Treatment for gout usually begins with eliminating the root causes. These natural treatments for gout require a lot of self-discipline if you are determined to eliminate gout from your system.
Listed below are natural remedies for gout that have been proven to be effective in the treatment of gout:
Home remedies for gout – most popular natural treatment for gout
Home remedies for gout are one of the most accessible and inexpensive natural remedies for gout to find. Several home remedies for gout are safe and easy to try at home. Some of the most popular home remedies for gout are:
- Applying a cloth-covered ice pack to the affected joint is a natural remedy for gout and one of the home remedies for gout that can help reduce the inflammation associated with gout. Place an ice pack in a thin towel for 10 to 15 minutes to relieve the pain. Also, if gout affects the feet, a person can use a packet of frozen vegetables covered with a washcloth as it is easier for them to fall over the feet.
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy for gout and also one of the home remedies for gout. Mix one teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and drink it daily. Apple cider vinegar acts as a natural cleansing and detoxifying agent. It contains malic acid, which helps break down uric acid and remove it from the body, which can cause gout. Apples also contain malic acid, and you should be eating at least once a day.
- Cherry is also one of the effective home remedies for gout. All you have to do is eat fifteen to twenty cherries every morning when you wake up. Cherries are known to have an antioxidant that relieves inflammation and reduces common gout attacks.
- Lime juice is also a Natural Treatment for gout that is very helpful in treating gout. Lime juice is a good source of vitamin C and helps relieve painful joints by strengthening connective tissue. Lime is known to contain citric acid, which is a solvent for uric acid. It would be best to squeeze half a lime into a glass of water and drink that juice. Try drinking lime juice twice a day.
Raw vegetable juice
- Raw vegetable juice is also a home remedy for gout that effectively treats gout. Add 300 ml of carrot juice and 100 ml each of cucumber juice and beet juice. Consume this mixture daily.
Dietary Treatment for gout – an essential part of any natural treatment for gout
Dietary gout treatment is among the many treatments used to reduce the adverse effects of gout. Once a Diet for gout is set, make sure that you rest the affected area as much as possible. Even if you are given an exercise routine you don’t want to delay, dietary Treatment for gout helps more than that.
Foods commonly triggering gout attacks include organ meat, red meat, seafood, alcohol, and beer. They contain a moderate to high amount of purines. There is one exception to this rule, however. Research shows that vegetables high in purine do not trigger gout attacks.
And it’s worth noting that sugary fructose and sugar drinks can increase your risk of gout and gout attacks, even though they’re not high in purines. Instead, they can increase uric acid levels by speeding up several cellular processes.
Below is an effective Diet for gout that is effective:
A lot of fruits and vegetables
- The recommendation is five servings daily, but try to include as many as possible. Topping up meals like bolognese, casseroles, and stews with a gout diet like vegetables can help reduce meat content. Fruits and vegetables are natural treatments for gout and contain vitamin C. A high vitamin C intake (500 mg or more) can help reduce uric acid levels in the blood. Cherries can be especially helpful to include in the diet as they have been shown to also lower uric acid levels in the blood.
Lots of starchy carbohydrates
- Diet for gouts like rice, potatoes, pasta, bread, couscous, quinoa, barley, or oats should be part of every meal. These foods contain only small amounts of purines, so these should be the basis for your meals, fruits, and vegetables. Whole grains are better choices because they contain more fiber and nutrients.
Some meat, fish, eggs, beans, and pulses
- This Diet for gout should be moderate. Vitamin C with meals can improve iron absorption. So drink a small glass of orange juice, eat some fruit for dessert, or serve meals with lots of vegetables. Stay in control of your meat servings using your hands as a portion size guide. One serving is roughly the size and thickness of your palm.
Specific milk and dairy products
- Including low-fat dairy products (like skimmed milk, low-fat yogurt, and low-fat cottage cheese) in your diet can help prevent high uric acid levels in the blood. These foods are good sources of protein and are low in purines. They are, therefore, valuable meal additions when trying to cut down on meat (including poultry) and fish.
Herbs for gout – traditional natural treatment for gout
Herbs for gout are a Natural Treatment for gout used to prevent the disease’s exacerbations. Herbs for gout have been around for centuries, but they have only been explored for about a decade. These herbal remedies treat the root cause of gout, uric acid.
Here is the list of Herbs for gout that is very effective in treating gout:
- Alfalfa is a Herb for gout that has proven to be an excellent natural remedy for gout due to its ability to neutralize uric acid levels. Alfalfa is also rich in minerals and nutrients that can help reduce the acidity in the blood drastically.
- Burdock root is a commonly recommended herb for gout. Burdock root has properties that allow excess uric acid into the urine. This herb is also beneficial in cleaning toxins from the blood and reducing inflammation. In addition to being a Natural Treatment for gout, burdock root helps dissolve uric acid.
- Sour black cherries, which are highly antioxidants, can relieve pain and inflammation from kidney stones and gout. Hence, sour black cherries are effective in dissolving uric acid. It also lowers serum acid levels. These cherries neutralize uric acid crystals and reduce the excess of uric acid in the body. You can consume a handful of cherries daily or drink a glass of fresh black cherries. Black cherries are effective in reducing gout attacks.
Homeopathic Treatment for gout – #1 natural treatment for gout
Homeopathic gout treatment can put an end to your misery. You no longer have to suffer from gout, which can occur unexpectedly, disrupt your daily life, or cause mobility problems.
Homeopathic treatments for gout are simple formulations made from natural ingredients that have no adverse effects on your health and well-being. The main benefit of homeopathic Treatment for gout is that it treats the real problems that lead to the disease.
Several homeopathic treatments for gout remedies provide permanent relief from the pain caused by gout. Some of them are listed below:
- Arnica is an effective homeopathic treatment for gout and other pain or stiffness. Arnica has many forms, such as gels, tinctures, and pills. It is often taken internally and applied externally. The pills and the outer cream can be used together for faster relief.
- Belladonna is a popular treatment for gout and one of the natural treatments for gout that is great for quickly relieving pain and swelling. This comes in tablet form and should be taken per medication dosage recommendations. Use belladonna to treat acute attacks with swelling and pain effectively.
- Rhus Toxicodendron is a natural remedy for gout that is helpful in a high-swelling gout attack. Rhus Toxicodendron can be used to better manage pain and swelling in all types of arthritis, including symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
Acupuncture for gout – ancient Chinese natural treatment for gout
Acupuncture for gout treatments is a longstanding topic that has received significant attention in the gout community. The general debate centers on the actual effectiveness of the use of acupuncture.
Acupuncture for gout is one of the natural treatments for gout that is effective in treating gout. This type of treatment is more similar to Classical Chinese Medicine, a field of study that has been practiced for over 2,000 years.
Acupuncture for gout sessions occurs when an acupuncturist takes long, thin needles and inserts them to correct imbalances in something called qi. This is a form of energy that flows through the body. In the results of a study entitled Clinical Observation of the Treatment of Gout with Acupuncture, the surrounding acupuncture technique dramatically improved the effectiveness of the treatment for relieving gout attacks. The study shows that acupuncture, especially the peripheral needle technique, improves blood circulation and reduces inflammation.
Conclusion on natural treatment for gout
As shown above, natural gout treatment is effective, safe, and affordable. It is essential, however, that the natural gout treatment be provided by a medical doctor trained in integrative medicine, medicinal herbology, homeopathy, and acupuncture.
During this visit, you’ll be evaluated, and all necessary tests will be done without waiting in line and walking from one office to another. If you have medical records from your previous lab works, x-rays, or specialists – bring them with you.