Treatment for pneumonia
Treatment for pneumonia is important since pneumonia is a serious disease with an expected mortality rate as high as 1.47%
About 1 million grown persons in the United States hospitalized due to pneumonia each year. 50,000 people in the USA die from pneumonia every year.
Different forms of treatment for pneumonia are available that can help prevent and protect against pneumonia. The strategy of the pneumonia treatment depends on the type of pneumonia you are suffering from, your general health condition, and your age. The main goal of treatment for pneumonia is to cure the infection and prevent complications. It is important that you carefully follow your treatment plan until you have fully recovered.
General information about pneumonia
Pneumonia is a form of an acute respiratory infection that affects the lungs. The lungs are made up of small bags called alveoli that fill with air when a healthy person breathes. When a person has pneumonia, the alveoli are filled with pus and fluid, making breathing painful and reducing the supply of oxygen.
Pneumonia is the leading cause of infectious death in children worldwide. Pneumonia killed nearly a million children under the age of 5, or 15% of all deaths in children under the age of five, in 2017. Anyone can get this lung infection. However, infants under 2 years of age and those over 65 years of age are at greater risk. This is because their immune system may not be strong enough to fight it.
Note: Lifestyle habits such as smoking cigarettes and drinking too much alcohol can also increase the chances of developing pneumonia.
Is Pneumonia Contagious?
The germs that cause pneumonia are contagious. This means that they can be spread from person to person. Viral and bacterial pneumonia can be spread to others through inhalation of airborne droplets, through sneezing or coughing. You can also get this type of pneumonia by coming into contact with surfaces or objects that are contaminated with bacteria or viruses that cause pneumonia.
You can get fungal pneumonia from the environment. However, it doesn’t spread from person to person.
Symptoms of pneumonia
Symptoms of pneumonia can vary based on the cause, age, and general health. Common symptoms of pneumonia include:
- Chest pain when breathing or coughing
- Cough that produces phlegm
- Fatigue and loss of appetite
- Fever, sweating, and chills
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Shortness of breath
Along with these symptoms, older adults and people with weakened immune systems may have changes in mental awareness or have a body temperature lower than normal.
Causes of Pneumonia
Pneumonia is often caused by microbes such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi. If you inhale these germs through air, food, or water, there is a good chance that you will develop pneumonia. And if you’re already battling the flu, the common cold, or another illness like asthma or diabetes, your chances of getting pneumonia are much higher.
The most common causes of pneumonia are:
- Influenza virus
- Cold viruses
- RSV virus (the leading cause of pneumonia in babies 1 year or younger)
- Bacteria called Streptococcus Pneumonia and Mycoplasma Pneumonia
Natural treatment for pneumonia
Pneumonia won’t go away overnight. It may take you a week to a month to improve. Depending on the type of pneumonia you have, your doctor may prescribe an anti-bacterial drug or an anti-viral drug to improve your health.
Until it works, there is a natural treatment for pneumonia that can relieve cough, body pain, and fever.
Natural treatment for pneumonia has been proven to be effective in treating pneumonia with no side effects.
Here is the list of natural treatment for pneumonia:
Home remedies for pneumonia – most popular natural treatment for pneumonia
There are several home remedies for pneumonia that are effective and easy to prepare.
Here is the list of home remedies for pneumonia:
- Vegetable juice is considered to be one of the best home remedies for pneumonia. Carrot juice, beetroot juice, spinach juice, and other vegetable juices (especially those rich in vitamin C) are great for boosting immunity and building strength. They aid in detoxification and are good for your lungs and are also considered to be one of the best natural pneumonia remedies.
- Inhaling steam is another great home remedy for pneumonia to try. Just boil water in a saucepan and add an essential oil like tea tree or eucalyptus oil to it. Inhale the steam and cover your head to keep the steam locked in and not escape. Taking a steam bath is also useful for dealing with tremors and fatigue.
- Gargling with salt water at least twice a day will expel the cough and clog the airways. Saltwater instantly relieves a sore throat.
- Potassium is beneficial for people with pneumonia. It repairs lung tissue. Just make a healthy broth by mixing and cooking garlic, radishes, carrots, celery, parsley, and water. Filter it. Take this mixture every day. Note – People with heart disease should avoid this pneumonia home remedy because too much potassium can be harmful.
- Lemon has antibacterial properties and is a great natural treatment for pneumonia. It is rich in vitamin C, lowers body temperature, and strengthens immunity. Add lemon peel to your meal or just sprinkle lemon juice on your salad.
- The antiseptic and antifungal properties of turmeric help fight bacteria and germs. Just take turmeric with milk or water. You can also take it with a little honey. Do this at least once a day.
- This natural remedy for pneumonia relieves congestion and coughs. You can also mix it with water or add it to your daily juice to help fight germs. The use of this oil in cooking is also recommended.
- Another popular natural remedy for pneumonia has antiseptic properties and is very effective in relieving the ailments caused by pneumonia. Take honey daily with lukewarm water to eliminate symptoms.
Herbs for pneumonia – Effective natural treatment for pneumonia
Herbs for pneumonia can help improve your immune function, usually have antimicrobial effects.
Below are herbs for pneumonia that have been proven to be effective with no side effects.
- It is a popular herb for pneumonia that is used in the treatment of pneumonia because it reduces inflammation of the pleural membranes in the lungs, improves the secretion of healthy lung fluids, and stimulates the lymphatic system. The underground stem of the pleurisy root plant contains many phytochemicals and is used in herbal preparations.
- Black pepper is a good natural treatment for pneumonia and can clear heavy mucus. Add it to herbal supplements or sprinkle the powder in your food depending on your taste preferences. It is one of the best herbs for pneumonia Note – don’t take too much black pepper.
- One of the natural remedies for pneumonia that you can try is sesame seeds. Boil about a tablespoon of sesame and flaxseed in a cup of water. After boiling, strain the mixture and add a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of salt. Take this mixture every day.
- Cayenne pepper is an excellent and superb herb for pneumonia and it increases the effectiveness of any natural treatment for pneumonia. It helps clear the mucus from the respiratory system. Mix cayenne pepper and lemon in water and drink regularly.
- Garlic is a natural remedy for pneumonia in adults since it has anti-bacterial and antiviral properties. It helps bring down the body temperature as well as clears the phlegm from the chest and lungs.
Cupping for pneumonia – traditional natural treatment for pneumonia
Cupping for pneumonia is a natural remedy for pneumonia that helps to stimulate the immune system to focus on the lungs and upper respiratory tract. This means the immune system essentially sends troops to the area to clean up the cold and flu virus or bacteria invaders.
Getting cupping for pneumonia early in a cold or flu and pneumonia may cause you to spike a fever for 24 hours. This is a sign that the immune system is quite active. Cupping also will help break up phlegm in your lungs, which will allow you to cough it out and which will ease your pneumonia problem. This is especially useful if you feel any congestion in your chest. Ever have a cold where it felt like you had some phlegm that needed to come out, but you just couldn’t cough it up? Cupping will help with this.
The benefits of cupping for pneumonia:
- Cupping for pneumonia help open up the bronchial passages, which made it easier for pneumonia patients to breathe easily and ease better sleep.
- Cupping for pneumonia help mobilize local blood flow and energy in and around the lungs to promote healing.
- Along with deep tissue, intercostal massage (between the ribs), cupping for pneumonia separate tight muscle tissue, enabling more expansion of the lungs when breathing.
Treatment of pleurisy
Pleurisy is a condition that refers to the inflammation of the pleura. The pleura is the medical name for the double layers that surround and cover the lungs and line the chest. The most obvious symptom of this condition is the excruciating pain one feels when breathing. This pain is aggravated when you sneeze, cough, or move around. It is also very easy for a man to make the pain worse, depending on his sleeping position. Other related symptoms of pleurisy include a dry cough and shortness of breath.
Treatment for pleurisy depends on the underlying cause. For example, pleurisy caused by a viral infection often resolves on its own without treatment. However, pleurisy caused by a bacterial infection is usually treated with antibiotics. Nevertheless, antibiotics are not always effective, which is why most people stick to home treatment of pleurisy, and people who are fragile or already in poor health can be hospitalized.
Home treatment for pleurisy
While home treatment for pleurisy below can help relieve symptoms of pleurisy, seeing your doctor is important because pleurisy can result from an underlying medical condition.
- Cayenne pepper drink is a wonderful home treatment for pleurisy used to treat pleurisy. This premium product not only removes toxins from the body but also has a strong anti-inflammatory effect. This goes a long way in reducing the pain associated with pleurisy.
- Raw ginger is a popular home treatment for pleurisy. Raw ginger not only relieves pain in the lungs, but it also makes it easier to inhale and exhale. This particular remedy is also ideal because it breaks down mucus and helps in its removal efficiently.
- The purpose of a humidifier for the treatment of pleurisy is to add moisture to the atmosphere. This is key for anyone with pleurisy.
Treatment for coughing
Coughing is often manifesting a development of pneumonia and must be taken seriously into consideration. Coughing is an automatic muscle action (reflex) that pushes air up and out of your lower (lungs) and upper (windpipe, nose, and mouth) airways. Everyone cough to “clear their throat” occasionally. The cough reflex protects the airways in your lungs. You may cough if the airways are partially blocked with mucus (such as a cold or chest infection). You may cough if you choke on food and it gets into your windpipe instead of coming down through the feeding tube (esophagus). Or, you may cough if you inhale or smoke chemicals that irritate your airways.
However, it is important to seek treatment for coughing if you have a cough that lasts more than three weeks. If you feel short of breath, cough up blood, or have unexplained problems such as weight loss or a high temperature (fever). Certain natural remedies can help relieve cough.
Natural remedy for coughing
Natural remedies for coughing are one of the most effective cough treatments. Below are the most effective natural remedies for coughing:
Homeopathy for coughing
A runny nose, sore throat, and headache are some of the most common symptoms of coughs and colds.
That bad cold and cough can bring anyone down for several days. Although there are several alternatives to treat this condition, homeopathy is considered very effective. Homeopathy for coughing is made from natural substances and has practically no side effects and has been proven to be effective in the treatment for coughing.
Acupuncture for coughing – ancient Chinese natural treatment for pneumonia
In a controlled study, acupuncture for coughing outperformed drug therapy for treating chronic cough after the acute stage of a respiratory infection. Another survey shows that acupuncture is effective in patients with chronic cough.
Conclusion on natural treatment for pneumonia and coughing
Coughing may be the first symptom of developing pneumonia, but also it could be the result of a simple cold, sore throat, or allergy. Holistic and natural treatment for the cough is effective as long as it directed by a medical doctor who is able to differentiate cough from the simple cold from cough as a sign of bronchitis or pneumonia. Many physicians nowadays would recommend you use natural remedies for coughing as long as the development of your medical condition is not aggressive and not requires more intense medical intervention.
For the natural treatment for pneumonia contact our clinic (267) 284-3805 and schedule an evaluation appointment with Dr. Tsan.