Psychotherapy, Counseling, Life Coaching, and Psychoanalysis are Safe and Effective Approaches Towards Mental Well-Being
Psychotherapy, Counseling, Life Coaching, and Psychoanalysis are the most demanded forms of treatment for anxiety, depressions, and other forms of emotional ailments. In this fast-paced world of today, stress and mental health have become a huge problem. Mental health is often overlooked but it’s very important that you keep it in optimal condition. The state of your mental health can determine your entire well-being. It can significantly reduce the quality of your life. That’s why it’s essential to seek help regarding mental issues.
Remedies for mental health issues don’t always involve pumping lots of medications into your body. Mental health is complex and hence requires very delicate handling. There are numerous safe and effective ways of remedying mental health.
What Is Mental Wellness?
Mental wellness generally means to have a positive or happy state of mind. It is important for the mind to function properly if you wish to maximize your overall well-being. It is only when you are free from mental constraint and stress that you are able to raise your productivity skills and create positive impact which in turn results in physical as well as social well-being.
How to build better mental wellness?
If you’re feeling down or your mood seems to change rapidly without any control, there are many ways in which you can build, enhance or increase your mood and enjoy the more positive benefits of life.
While mental wellness can also be resolved on your own by making changes to your lifestyle or maintaining and regulating food habits, building better relationships and working towards better goals, there are certain issues which require more professional help in order to build better mental well-being through the use of various psychological and mental treatment.
Some of these approaches are stated below.
Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy
Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy are methods of treating mental health disorders by tapping into our unconscious mind through the use of theoretical and therapeutic techniques.
The psychotherapy generally focuses on releasing the repressed experiences and emotions of the patient to help your unconscious thoughts become conscious. This is due to the belief that most of our psychological issues are rooted in our unconscious mind. The therapy sessions are conducted via the use of dialogues without any use of medications.
What are the techniques used?
Psychoanalysts employ a variety of techniques to further understand the behaviors of individuals and the meaning behind their symptoms. Here are some of the techniques:
- Dream analysis: This technique is employed in understanding the dormant ideas and thoughts by reading into the dreams of the patient.
- Rorschach ink blots: In this technique, a blot of ink is put on a paper. The blot does not mean anything but the importance is placed on the interpretative understanding of what the patient sees and describes the blot of ink as depending on the kind of unconscious connections they make use of.
- Free association: This technique offers the conduct of free speech in which the therapist reads a list of random words and the patient responds to it with the word that first comes to their mind. This is done to mostly recover pieces of memories which were repressed earlier.
- Freudian slip: This technique involves the usage of unintentional words or thoughts which slip out of the patient’s mouth to gain access to the unconscious mind.
People often go to psychoanalysis therapy to deal with their mental well-being. Psychoanalysis aims to resolve the state of conflict residing in our minds. This treatment is considered as a global form of therapy and can be used to treat certain mental health issues.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
The main aim of psychoanalysis is to help the patient to come on terms with whatever issues they are facing by unlocking the thoughts residing in the unconscious mind to help recognize the root of the problem. This is done so that one may be able to solve internal conflicts and issues by uncovering suppressed or repressed emotions, thoughts and feelings.
Counseling is a general practice in which a counselor will provide individual professional guidance to achieve wellness. It focuses on addressing emotional, physical health and social concerns people may have in different stages of their life.
These concerns may either be typical life stress due to work or school pressure or severe issues related to chronic health conditions. To ensure help they provide assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of these psychological symptoms.
Counselors are also regarded as a counseling psychologist. They use methods of intervention to interact with the patients which can be short or long-term and are often direct and goal-oriented.
Counseling generally address issues through observation and taking into consideration the developmental, cultural and environmental aspects which include:
- Organizational problems
- Concerns regarding school and work adjustment
- Relationship difficulties- either personal or impersonal
- Dealing and adjustment to physical disabilities or disease
- Mental disorders
- Managing stress
It offers guidance and service to people belonging to all ages, backgrounds, and cultures. Its main purpose is to alleviate and serve the wellness of the individual or group of people concerned. They also regularly consult with certain organizations to improve the conditions of their members.
Life coaching is a type of professional work where ‘life coaches’ are employed to guide and help people in achieving their goals and aspirations in life by directing them in the right path. People employ these coaches in regard to both their personal and business lives.
Seeking the help of Life coaching is nothing to feel ashamed of. It may be considered similar to how you seek help or ask the advice of a close one (whether family or friend) in times of trouble or need. The purpose of this job exists to solve our problems and guide us professionally.
If you find your life bound by unbeatable obstacles or tied down by certain problems then it will be helpful to seek the employment of a life coach. Life coaches carefully observe your life in order to work out the obstacles and challenges you might face and what actions should be done to improve it.
What to expect in Life coaching?
- During the first session of coaching, they will look and examine the overall perspective of the client’s life to regulate what kind of improvement and action is needed by the client.
- The client and the coach will then work out an agreeable plan during sessions to achieve the goals.
- At the end of the session, the client will leave with the techniques taught and begin to work on what has been agreed between them and the life coach.
The coach will implement you with the necessary support and advice to change your outlook in life. It is between these sessions where you as the client is expected to aim and focus on change. As time progresses positive thoughts are expected to occur in the outlook of the clients.
It is the desire to accept change and alteration in thought processes which will help you to achieve your goals.
Area of specialization
The process of coaching attends to a specific field of what you as the client require. Some of the areas in which Life coaching specializes are:
- Management of emotional experiences like loss and sadness
- Building up confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth
- Self-care such as having your personal needs met
- Management of anger, frustration, and stress
- Guidance on parenting
- Balancing an individual’s life
- Changes in career – finding work environments suitable for you.
Life coaching is specifically designed on creating employee-client allegiance. The coaching will, therefore, give you back full power. While you can certainly guide yourself in overcoming your obstacles it’s equally important to seek the help of Life coaching if you are overwhelmed by the problems whether big or small.
In such times, a life coach can help you prioritize your needs and goal to maximize healthy and successful living.
Psychotherapy is a term generally associated with the treatment of people with mental health problems, emotional challenges, and psychiatric disorders. The treatment requires talking to either a psychiatrist or a therapist.
Have you ever experienced stress, anxiety or sudden loss of interest in things you were normally interested in and questioned the cause of it? If you have then this is where Psychotherapy comes in as it aims to provide you with the understanding of why these conditions and problems are occurring and how you can manage them.
Psychotherapy is also used in combination with medications to treat mental health conditions like bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. This combination works better in treating the patients as compared to using only one method.
How does it work?
The time required in the therapeutic session is usually dependable on the individual and the form of the Psychotherapy used. There are short-term as well as long-term sessions. While some may take only a few months, others take years. The sessions are comprised of an hour on a weekly basis.
Sessions are often available to attend one-on-one, in pairs or in groups. The communicating techniques imposed include many types such as drama, storytelling or the use of music.
Different kinds of a psychotherapist are available to consult depending on your personal needs. Some of these are- licensed psychologists, family and marriage therapists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, licensed Psychiatrists, etc.
What conditions does it treat?
Psychotherapy is considered to be most efficient in treating mental health disorders such as:
- Mood disorders which include depression or bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders which include anorexia
- Anxiety disorders which include obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), phobia, panic disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Personality disorder like a borderline personality disorder
- Psychotic disorders like schizophrenia
This treatment is also used to help solve various issues which are not related to mental illness such as:
- Resolving conflicts with a close one or an individual from your life
- Management of unhealthy reactions like passive-aggressiveness
- Helping to cope with physical health issues like cancer
- Relief from work-induced stress or anxiety
- Recovery from physical or sexual abuse
It is very important for an individual to maintain and look after the well-being of their mental health. When people are mentally well they become happy, self-assuring and positive as they gain control of their thoughts emotions and behavior. When you’re feeling down or experiencing a lack of control and purpose in life, remember to not shy away from seeking professional help. Professional help input will in fact help in providing motivation to look after yourself with care.
Maintaining good mental health ultimately results in physical well-being as well as boosting the immune system and alleviating pain. Achieving good mental health will result in a good contribution to the community, discovering new abilities and skills and coping with stress and challenges more effectively.
Psychotherapy, Counseling, Life Coaching, and Psychoanalysis near me
Philadelphia Holistic Clinic employing is proud to introduce one of the most experienced and well-known psychologists in Philadelphia – Alex Zolotov, Ph.D. He is an author of several books and publications about psychotherapy, psychology and life coaching.
With 30+ years of clinical experience and using his own techniques of psychological treatments Alex Zolotov, Ph.D. achieved the highest success rate in the industry. He is having patients from all states, coming to the clinic for consultation and treatments.