Holistic psychiatry is becoming increasingly popular and demanded nowadays since all pharmaceutical drugs used in traditional psychiatry cause more side effects than benefits. Holistic mental health care and approaches ensure support and comfort to patients and promote themselves as more of a form of natural psychiatry. It employs a wide variety of techniques and methods that can be personalized according to the patient’s requirements.
If you’re interested in taking a more natural approach with ease and comfort to heal your mind, then holistic psychiatry might be the proper treatment.
Recent years have seen a surge in people searching for ‘Holistic Psychiatry near me.’ Here is our take on how holistic psychiatry deviates from the conventional method of psychiatry, what it offers patients, and how it can benefit you.
What is holistic psychiatry?
Holistic psychiatry is an alternative that employs a holistic approach to treating patients.
The holistic approach targets the symptoms and evaluates the entire body to make the healing process effective and permanent.
Holistic psychiatry derives from holistic medicine, which treats the mind, the body, and the spirit. It considers mental, social, and environmental factors in formulating what causes the illness and how to cure it.
Principles of Holistic Psychiatry
- The goal of holistic psychiatry is not temporary relief. If an individual is suffering from anxiety, getting rid of the anxiety is not the end. The goal is to have good mental health to prevent any mental health issues from recurring.
- It makes use of different kinds of treatment methods. For instance, conventional medications can be combined with natural remedies, herbs, and massages. This allows for increased personalization to target the individual’s core of the illness precisely.
- Self-healing is also at the core of this natural approach. This is the belief that individuals can heal themselves entirely from within if they have all the required tools or treatments.
- A holistic approach also believes that prevention is better than cure. Not only is the disorder treated, but proper methods are used to prevent the illness from appearing again. A complete evaluation is carried out, and the patient is informed about the various self-healing measures they can employ to prevent the illness from resurfacing. It’s absolutely through the process.
What can holistic psychiatry treat?
As psychiatry is concerned with treating the mind, it generally helps treat patients suffering from mental health problems and disorders. Holistic psychiatry can also help those keen on improving their overall health and interested in the mind’s impact on the entire body.
You’ve appropriately searched for ‘Holistic Psychiatry near me’ and are curious about its benefits. Well, holistic psychiatry can target various problems. Here are some mental health problems that a holistic psychiatrist can help you with.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD
- Different kinds of phobias, such as claustrophobia, etc
- Bipolar disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Stuttering and Stammering
A Holistic psychologist may also help an individual relieve regular stress and tension, which may be related to social surroundings like an individual’s workplace, school, etc.
What treatments may a holistic psychiatrist offer?
A holistic psychiatrist may evaluate one’s health and examine how the entire body system connects before developing a treatment plan for the individual.
A holistic approach ensures that all suitable and effective medical treatments are available to the patient. Thus, it offers various treatment methods, from conventional to natural.
- Pharmaceutical drugs.
- Nutritional food diets include whole grains and vegetables. These foods help prevent mood swings and supply healthy nutrients to the brain.
- Supplements that help balance human body chemistry Dietary supplements such as vitamins, oils, and enzymes are most commonly used for improving mental health.
- Therapy includes talk therapies, art therapies, meditation, etc. Meditation has been found to help change how our brain works, as brains are more susceptible to positive emotions.
- Physical activities help change the chemistry of the brain. Mind and body exercises like Tai Chi and yoga can improve physical and mental fitness and reset emotional balance.
- Exercising has many psychological and emotional benefits. Exercise can offer distraction, allowing individuals to break away from negative thoughts, often feeding anxiety and depression.
- Coping healthily and beneficially Doing or developing positive habits such as reading a book can help in managing anxiety and depression, which could potentially become a healthy coping method for an individual.
- Improving spirituality can help promote better self-esteem, provide motivation, etc. Studies have found that spiritual people are likelier to have less self-destructive behaviors like abusing alcohol, drugs, etc.
- Accepting and acknowledging emotions Repressing emotions can often lead to depression and anxiety, assuming it can help an individual learn and grow.
- Herbal supplements. It can be found in many forms, such as potions and tablets. Herbal remedies are found to be very helpful in treating anxiety and depression. For instance, chamomile tea is recommended to ease tension and relieve stress.
How Holistic Psychiatrists Can Help You
Holistic psychiatry is more than simply prescribing a pill. It looks at the bigger picture; it analyzes the person as a whole rather than just looking at the symptoms.
Below are some examples of how it can be beneficial to you
- Use of conventional as well as alternative medicine. Knowledge of both offers you a wider choice of medicine at your disposal. If you are tired of using synthetic pharmaceutical drugs, then holistic psychiatry offers a variety of herbal medications that can be soothing and more natural. While it nurtures the mind, it also cares for and trains the body. Regular stretching practices like yoga asanas help release body contractions. Stretching your body aids in stretching your mind, as the mind and body are internally connected. Regular exercises, in turn, benefit you by building strength and endurance.
- Just as holistic psychology strengthens the body, it also enhances the mind. Exercises such as reading books, magazines, and newspapers daily help promote the growth and strength of the mind.
- As a holistic approach teaches methods that involve improving your spiritual needs, it paves the way for your mind to be free and maintain peace, which may help you better understand yourself and improve your quality of life.
- It gives pranayama, which means controlling and expanding one’s energy. This purifies your nervous system and also clarifies the mind.
These are just some of the many ways holistic psychiatry can help you. Contrary to popular belief, holistic psychiatry is not just for treating mental health problems but is a powerful way of improving anyone’s health and quality of life.
Apart from offering natural remedies, it also provides a wide variety of natural treatment procedures, which a lot of conventional methods of psychiatry fail to do. Because of this, naturopathic psychiatry, such as a holistic approach, is considered more beneficial in many cases than conventional approaches. It is also significantly risk-free.
It allows people to choose comfort and healing simultaneously, as most methods are non-invasive, safe, and natural. This approach is also considered more user-friendly, cost-effective, and effective.
The stigma around mental illness and disorders has slowly passed over the last few years. Hence, health institutions like holistic psychiatry and conventional psychiatry, which nurture and help the mind, have grown in importance and number.
As the risk of conventional drug use grows, people have started to move towards more natural methods, like the holistic approach. Individuals have also begun to replace synthetic drugs like anti-depressants with herbal medicines, as they tend to give ‘side benefits’ rather than side effects.
If you’re unhappy with the results from conventional methods or want to try a more effective and safer alternative, holistic psychiatry should be your answer.
Holistic Psychiatrist near me
Are you looking for holistic treatment for mental health? Do you or someone you love or care about suffering from ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, Phobias, Bipolar, etc.? Go for a holistic psychiatrist near me and find the Philadelphia Holistic Clinic, pupping up as Philadelphia’s #1 natural treatment facility.