Hypnosis aka Hypnotherapy or Clinical Hypnosis – is one of the most popular and demanded treatments for most neurotic, psychiatric, and emotional conditions. Are they searching for ‘Hypnosis near me‘? It’s no wonder since Hypnotherapy is one of the hottest alternative treatments. Many people have been pursuing this mysterious treatment to deal with their problems. Hypnosis can bring tremendous changes for patients with various disorders. Whether it’s stress or phobias, Hypnosis excels where conventional methods fail to provide results.
Many people have doubts that they can be hypnotized. Some people believe they are not hypnotizable and have already tried Hypnosis without expected results. To answer this question, we asked Victor Tsan, MD, the medical director of the Philadelphia Hypnotherapy Clinic. See the interview below:
To get more information, visit our hypnotherapy department at https://philahypnosis.com
If you want to know the myriad benefits of Hypnosis therapy, keep reading below.
What Is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis therapy involves leading someone into a state called a trance. The meaning of trance state differs from one expert to another, but they often refer to:
- Improved suggestibility
- Enhanced relaxation state
Almost everyone has experienced this trance-like state at least at one point in their life. For instance, has your mind ever wandered off without you noticing it, or when you’ve been fully immersed while reading a book or watching a movie or fell in an abyss of trance while listening to your favorite tunes, that part is referred to as the trance state.
These everyday trances are only different from Hypnotherapy in that it involves a professional to induce the trance state directly in you. People often seek this for stress relief, healing, discovery, etc. During a Hypnosis session, you always control your thoughts and remain conscious. It’s a complete misconception that a hypnotist will manipulate your mind.
How does Hypnosis work?
It enables us to overwrite our subconscious thoughts by inputting new suggestions while in a relaxed state of mind. This state is achieved by implementing various Hypnotherapy methods. During a Hypnosis session, a hypnotist will induce you to focus attention or intense concentration. The entire session is a guided procedure that includes verbal cues and repetition.
It’s pretty similar to sleep, but while you’re in this trance state, you’re still conscious and aware of what’s happening around you. In this trance, a professional hypnotist will input suggestions designed for you and targeted toward your issues.
In this trance state, you’ve got an increased sense of focus, and as such, you’ll be more receptive toward advice or proposals you might ignore in your normal state.
Types of Hypnosis
There are mainly four Hypnosis methods used in today’s society:
- Traditional Hypnosis: This is considered the most common type, and anyone can perform it with very little training. It is the easiest as it consists of simple commands and suggestions. This method helps connect us with our subconscious mind and uses orders or proposals to influence our behavior, actions, feelings, and thoughts.
- Ericksonian Hypnosis: It is based on the principles introduced by Dr. Milton Erickson. This method benefits people skeptical of Hypnosis by using metaphors rather than commands. Metaphors usually work by contrasting or comparing two things more complexly than simple suggestions or commands.
- NLP Hypnosis: This method is used together with self-Hypnosis, and it helps us deal with problems related to our self-esteem, self-confidence, and mental well-being. It is also an effective way to deal with our fears and phobias. Reframe, flash, and anchoring are the techniques used along with NLP Hypnosis. This is considered one of the most effective forms of Hypnosis.
- Self-Hypnosis: This type of Hypnosis is carried out by oneself, as the name suggests. It is performed to achieve an intense state of comfort or relaxation. This method is gaining popularity as you don’t need the help of a hypnotherapist or hypnotist, and you can give self-commands to yourself at your own will.
Benefits of Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapy is used in many ways for the well-being and improvement of our lives. It can deal with stress, anxiety, bad habits, phobias, depression, etc. Here are some of its benefits:
- Quitting Smoking: As we know, smoking can be tough to stop, as often is the case with addictions. If you want to quit smoking, then Hypnotherapy can help. It can help you find an alternative healthy habit in place of tobacco.
- Weight Loss Tool: People often struggle with excessive weight as they cannot maintain a properly balanced diet even though it is what they want. Hypnotherapy can help in cases like this by allowing the person to understand their relationship with food and why the urge for it is so vital when they want to maintain a healthy diet.
- Fears and Phobias: Many people suffer from anxiety or phobias, which can be hard to deal with. Some suffer from a fear of heights and snakes, while some are claustrophobic. While it is not easy to deal with these phobias, a hypnotherapist can help by trying to find the primary source or origin of our fears and find ways to solve them.
- Boost Self-Esteem: Many people often suffer from self-confidence problems, and while the reason may differ for every person, the problem is the same. This type of problem can be dealt with with the help of a qualified hypnotherapist. They can help you by finding the best qualities within yourself and allowing us to utilize them in the best way you can.
- Anxiety: One of the most common problems Hypnosis can effectively deal with is anxiety. It can target concern by compelling your body to activate its natural healing process by instilling nonverbal cues, lowering blood pressure, slowing breathing, and encouraging overall well-being.
Hypnosis or Hypnotherapy?
These two are different, and we often misunderstand these two words. Hypnosis is the process of getting into a trance state, while Hypnotherapy uses Hypnosis as a treatment method. Professionals using Hypnosis to deal with patients are referred to a hypnotherapist as they practice Hypnotherapy.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Hypnotherapy is a powerful way of dealing with many complicated issues, particularly mental issues. It has numerous benefits, and one of its most appealing factors is that it has few to no side effects and sometimes can resolve a point where even conventional methods fail. However, like every treatment, it’s not for everyone. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of Hypnosis therapy:
- Important Issues Resolved: The main reason why Hypnotherapy is highly recommended these days is that the treatment option works, and people are getting results. Personal issues that cannot be dealt with medicines, such as stress, depression, and anxiety, can be handled with Hypnotherapy, and these are important problems in our lives that we need to take care of.
- Person-Centered: All of us are troubled by various life problems; some may fear heights, while others may suffer from depression. Hypnotherapy offers one-on-one sessions designed to fulfill our different needs as we are allowed to interact with an individualized approach.
- Cost: One of the most significant issues of Hypnotherapy is its cost factor. Since it offers a one-on-one session directly with the hypnotherapist, the price is more than usual treatments. This is why people often engage in self-Hypnosis rather than consulting a trained hypnotherapist.
- Varied Results: Before visiting a hypnotherapist, ask yourself if this treatment is the right step for you. The results of the Hypnotherapy process are not specific or concrete, and it differs from one person to another and even more from one hypnotist to another. While it may give great results to your friends or family members, it might be different for you, so do thorough research before you opt for the session. Don’t assume that all certified hypnotists have the same power, ability to hypnotize, and experience. Don’t settle for less and get the best when you search for the best hypnotist near you.
Is Hypnotherapy Safe?
Hypnosis performed by trained professionals is considered safe. It is much safer than conventional methods. It is even considered a medical treatment to help people overcome their issues. Although, it is not recommended for people who have mental illness as it might have adverse effects on them, such as:
While Hypnosis is considered relatively safe, checking if the process is proper for you is always recommended, as it may affect you if you’re not careful.
Where can you find one?
If you’re googling for a hypnotist near me, you’ll be pleased to know that it’s not hard to find one, but the trick is finding the best ones. One good way to start is by asking family or friends for recommendations or checking websites or their online profiles. Ratings and reviews should be carefully examined, as one wrong session can lead to negative results.
It is best to see a therapist with a valid hypnotherapy license, as that will give you the best results possible. Not all hypnotists are qualified; it’s a highly complex procedure, so make sure that you research properly.
Everyone deals with problems in their way; some may speak about it, while others may keep it to themselves. If you want to get rid of bad habits or help yourself deal with personal problems affecting your self-esteem, then Hypnosis can help with your concerns. It is considered a valid treatment, and many people get results that benefit them.
Find the best hypnotist.
This is probably the most critical part of your hypnosis treatment. Most states do not have license requirements for Hypnosis, and what that means… You may find a hypnotist who is just advertising as a hypnotherapist but, in reality, knows about Hypnosis less than you. Or, you may find a “specialist” who graduated three days of classes and charges you $150-$200 per hour. Keep in mind a hypnotist, first of all, is a medical doctor or at least a psychologist. Because for your treatment, you are looking for Clinical Hypnosis and not stage hypnosis or a comedy show. You can allow it to work with your subconscious mind and change them only to a medical doctor who understands all the illnesses’ processes and pathology.
So, after you google for Hypnosis in Philadelphia, perform your investigation, find the practitioner’s background, and read reviews. Again, you can buy the average quality of clothes or electronics, and you can use services from the average plumber or roofer, but when it comes to Hypnosis, you need THE BEST.
Contact Philadelphia Holistic Clinic at 215-621-8434 to schedule your appointment for Hypnosis with Victor Tsan, MD.